- Foreigner Service
- Public Service
- Reporting & Registration
Reporting Change of Residence
- Foreigners are required to report any change of residence to the chief of the immigration management office or branch in their jurisdiction, or the head of their city, gun or gu.
- ※ Only residents of islands can report via postal mail, which shall be done via registered mail at the post office.
- ※ Reporting can be done at community service centers in eup, myeon and dong from September 30, 2016.
- Reporting deadline: Within 14 days of moving to the new residence
- Follow-up measures: Internet applications can be made by applicants but only in their own name. For Internet applications, entry of the new place of residence on the back of the alien registration card is not necessary.
Report on Alteration of Domestic Residence
- Overseas Korean residents of foreign nationality must report any moves to a new local address pursuant to the Act on the Immigration and Legal Status of Overseas Koreans.
- ※ Only residents of islands may report via postal mail, via registered mail at the post office.
- Reporting deadline: Within 14 days of moving to a new address
- Follow-up measures: For Internet applications, entry of the new address on the back of the Certificate of Domestic Residence is not necessary.
Certificate of Domestic Residence Report
- Overseas Korean residents must report their receipt of a certification of domestic residence at the immigration management office (branch office) and city/gun/gu administrative office
- This certificate can be received at offline offices.
- Applications for online perusal of documents can be checked in the “My Application Results” section.